Sunday 29 June 2014

Is this the death of privacy?

Is this the death of privacy? Your every conversation (and glance) streamed live, security hopelessly compromised – and open season for stalkers: Google glasses with video cameras have come here... and may change the way we live for ever



I’m standing in Top Shop as jostling customers browse for handbags and flick through rails of summer dresses. They are not looking at me, but I am watching them.
In fact, I am photographing them, taking video clips and wiring them back to the office. I make a call without lifting a finger. I send a discreet email. But I attract no attention because the camera, the screen and the phone are virtually invisible. They are just a tiny component of my high-tech glasses.
I am looking at the future and the people around me are oblivious. The long-awaited but controversial Google Glass has arrived in Britain, and I am testing what it can do – and not just in terms of making calls or capturing high-quality snaps to show my friends. I am also seeing how it stretches long-cherished ideas of privacy to breaking point. And beyond.


From Dailymail


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2673344/Is-death-privacy-Your-conversation-glance-streamed-live-security-hopelessly-compromised-open-season-stalkers-Google-glasses-video-cameras-come-change-way-live-ever.html#ixzz3615m2NUK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment