Sunday 5 February 2012

$300 billion worth of gold





I had no idea what $300 billion worth of gold would look like, I must say I am quite impressed with the result. In fact this is one stash of bling I would love to call my own. The gold bars weighing 4,600 tons in totality are stored in an old canteen deep below the streets of the capital. The 28lb 24-carat gold bars are stacked on simple blue shelves beneath strip lighting as is seen in the images. Different marks on the gold bars help distinguish the sources of the gold, i.e. foreign governments or the country’s own. The walls of this vault are still adorned with posters from 1940’s when this place was used as a canteen.


These bars of gold are sure to be a welcome sight to the citizens of England who can breathe a sigh of relief over the financial situation of the country. Three-foot long keys are needed to unlock the doors to this treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment